In September 2010 Memorygirl was challenged by a Mystery Mentor to become the trailblazer in an exciting new transatlantic experiment.

She was to be the first amongst her group of online friends to be mentored to create a Financially and Spiritually Abundant life from the ashes of her previous pre-credit crunch life.



For the full background, go to:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739&page=76 and search for post 1506.


Supported by her online cheerleaders, she accepted the challenge - and will do her best to fulfil and excel at the tasks set by her mysterious transatlantic mentor.


All her online friends are invited to play along - because if Memorygirl drops the baton for Britain, someone else will be selected to be mentored in her place.


Let this exciting adventure begin .....


Saturday 11 September 2010

THE CHALLENGE - Your Perfect Week

I’m sure hoping you have had a super Saturday. I’m spending it with my family having a great time just hanging out and being – being the real me, not the mile-a-minute-man of my weekday existence.

In fact if you promise not to tell anyone J I will let you in on a secret. I’m sitting here in my favourite battered flip-flops and cut off jeans, a cold drink to hand and I haven’t even brushed my hair all day. Tonight’s dinner will be BBQ and beer, because for all my hi-faluting travels and great restaurant experiences, a family dinner is really the one that lifts your heart isn’t it?


Today has been one of my perfect days – but they don’t happen by accident, they happen by design.


From my year planner to my daily diary I decide to make choices congruent to what is important to me – and one of the things that’s really important to me is my beautiful wife and my wonderful kids.


So what’s important to you – I mean what is really important to you??? Sometimes that question takes a little “diggin down deep” to get to the answers locked up inside your heart.


Your next challenge is to decide to live not only a perfect day – but a perfect week. But don’t panic I’m not gonna make you do it for real (yet) but I want you to spend some time writing out in detail everything that you see, smell, do, hear and experience from getting up on a Monday morning (do you get excited about the week ahead) right through to slipping between the sheets on a Sunday night.


And I want you to get right in there and give yourself great details to work with.


Maybe you should try mind-mapping this exercise and really get in touch with your creativity (I’m learning how to use this tool from Memorygirl’s book and I have to say I am blown away by how simply she explains such a powerful strategy)


…………….so what would you experience in having a perfect week?


Don’t edit yourself – just let the words keep coming, let them flow out of you as you work down through your layers to tap into the “realer you” as my kids say.


If you get stuck –well remember your high school English teacher – use the 5 W’s
….. Who is there?


….. What is around you?


….. Where are you exactly?


….. When is it?


……Why are you there?


I know, I know it’s a bit formulaic – but sometimes you need a lunch-pad to get you to creativity.


Have fun my little Brits.


Mr Big

4 comments:

  1. this is really cool - it was one of the first exercises he asked me to do and i found it dead revealing.
    Apparently the whole speaking and writing thing is really important to me - but not once did i mention diy or housework!!! i did mention home baking (twinks hobnobs) but it wasn't me baking them - lol.
    Yes there was a guy there - and he was perfect for me, but, and this was a HUGE suprise to me - there was another baby!!!!!!!!! That is so not on the cards at the moment so she had better come along with her gorgeous dad as a complete package.
    i keep going back to this "dream" at random moments of the day and thinking - keep going MG, that is what you are working towards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completed! Great fun was had in my clean and organised office. Interestingly my perfect work consists of some of the things I already do; there is no housework, no budgeting, no cooking, no baking. Loads of writing, research, reading and lectures; also time spoend with hubby and sons appears prominently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just skimming through (speed reading you would call it) as it is very late and only got back from London at 9.30pm tonight. I wanted to print off the challenges to start work on them tomorrow to catch up. However I had to say that this one I did just 2 years ago to the month. After doing it I moved house (200 mies), got a fantastic new job and am now as close to my perfect day as I thought that I could ever be. This has just reminded me that I can now have my perfect week, so it will help me to revisit it and expand on it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such an instructive exercise. I noticed that my perfect week is actually constructed around work and hobbies and being with my husband and animals. It surprised me. I have spent years eating my heart out because I thought I wanted children and then finding that when I wrote my perfect week, not one mention was made of them. I did the exercise with a completely open mind, so I don't think it was my conscious trying to tell me something about accepting my childlessness. However, I do feel calmer and more confident for having done this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete