In September 2010 Memorygirl was challenged by a Mystery Mentor to become the trailblazer in an exciting new transatlantic experiment.

She was to be the first amongst her group of online friends to be mentored to create a Financially and Spiritually Abundant life from the ashes of her previous pre-credit crunch life.



For the full background, go to:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739&page=76 and search for post 1506.


Supported by her online cheerleaders, she accepted the challenge - and will do her best to fulfil and excel at the tasks set by her mysterious transatlantic mentor.


All her online friends are invited to play along - because if Memorygirl drops the baton for Britain, someone else will be selected to be mentored in her place.


Let this exciting adventure begin .....


Saturday 11 September 2010

LETTER FROM MR BIG 3

Howdy!!


Saturday already – huh!! And I had some more time online with Memorygirl today. You Brits and your perfect manners do make me laugh. I’m sure Memorygirl felt like cussing me out several times today, but no, she was the perfect lady all the way through. I do love her accent when she calls me “Suurrrr” – you all know she’s from Scotland right? Well her accent is very much of the sexy Sean Connery type rather than the Billy Connelly type. It’s so cute.


I’m trying to get her to stick her peg in the ground when it comes to a financial target for the year ahead – and she very politely and may I say even skilfully managed to wriggle out of giving me a direct answer – not many people can get around me like that.


We already know that she “wants” to be earning about $88 an hour – the equivalent of £80k per annum. That’s a pretty good income from a standing start – but she is struggling to lift her aim higher.

So – to get my own back!! Well to get things moving apace I went back to the MSE thread to see if she ever mentioned a substantial financial goal. I came across two amounts – so I need you guys to choose the goal for Memorygirl for her “Big Fat Scary Financial Target”. A target of how much money she can generate in her first12 months back in business. By evading my question she has relinquished all rights to make this next decision.


The first amount is £126,000 – which I think is the amount of her mortgage (which I believe she would like to pay off “in cash in pound coins on a Friday before a bank holiday” just to make a point. The joy of choosing this goal would be that we could all be there in person (via video footage if necessary) to actually help her carry the bags of money into the bank. That could be kind of fun I think.


Now don’t shoot me down guys, but having spent a week or so in touch with Memorygirl on a daily basis, I think she should aim higher. I believe she could be the one that blasts through any records so far on this programme – although she has a fair bit of internal work to do to make her congruent with her external skills. She is currently running for the bus rather than sprinting the 100 metres if you remember my previous analogy.


So the second amount would be £400,000. That corresponds to the amount of equity absorbed by the bank when Madame Memorygirl was Credit crunched. Now that’s a pretty steep number to aim for over a year – but if you were to slip the rules a little and say that by the end of the 12 months Memorygirl should have done – or booked into her diary £400,000 worth of business I think we could be onto a winner.


(I’m only willing to slip the rules on this one because by the very nature of the business Memorygirl will be entering she will booking out her diary a year or so in advance for high end conferences etc) The lead-time can be that long at the level I think she should be operating at.


So over to you guys! You make the choice because she wouldn’t!


Mr Big

6 comments:

  1. I have been lurking on your thread since the beginning and have absolutely no doubt you could achieve the £400.000 target!! You have inspired all of us and I truly believe you can carry this through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, definitely £400,000!! Definitely!!! And oh, to be one of 6300 of us carrying those little bags of £1 coins into the bank! (and yes, er, I did have to use a calculator...).

    Anyway, easily doable, especially if you get to count what you've got booked in in advance!

    We're with you memorygirl!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be the £400k target, you need to be able to pay off the mortgage and have a little spare change ;-)

    You can definitely do it if you count future bookings and you must aim high. Everyone is behind you and you are inspiring us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would aim for £400k, You have a fantastic support network all urging you on and you have the talent to make it work. Reach for the moon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. £400,000 target, definitely.

    MG, you can do it. We are all behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely the 400K, even with half of it forward booked unto next year that's enough for the Mortgage and change this year (though the change needn't be in £ coins ;)) .. the Bank video is going to be fab..

    ReplyDelete