In September 2010 Memorygirl was challenged by a Mystery Mentor to become the trailblazer in an exciting new transatlantic experiment.

She was to be the first amongst her group of online friends to be mentored to create a Financially and Spiritually Abundant life from the ashes of her previous pre-credit crunch life.



For the full background, go to:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739&page=76 and search for post 1506.


Supported by her online cheerleaders, she accepted the challenge - and will do her best to fulfil and excel at the tasks set by her mysterious transatlantic mentor.


All her online friends are invited to play along - because if Memorygirl drops the baton for Britain, someone else will be selected to be mentored in her place.


Let this exciting adventure begin .....


Thursday 9 September 2010

SOME HOMEWORK -

So are you ready to begin? You need to get a handle on the reality of your numbers before we start moving forward – and remember I asked you to work out your PSB? Do you still have that piece of paper to hand? Have you worked out the very minimum amount you need to survive as a family?
 Well grab yourself another sheet of paper.
 Well write down the money you have coming in on a monthly basis on the bottom of a sheet of paper. Add 10% to that number and write it above the first number – then score out your original amount.

THIS NEW NUMBER IS YOUR DANGER AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think I’m crazy – then answer yourself (honestly) the following question.

“If I were earning this amount of money would I be happy?”

I’m willing to bet that today, your answer would be “Yes” –If you had a little more money than you currently have you would have a happy life – right?

Well lets face it if you were really, really unhappy with the income you have coming in you would have already done something about it, you would already be focussing on multiple ways to increase your income, you would already be creative about finding and seizing the opportunities that surround us everyday.


Maybe being on here is the first step towards you doing that – right?


I do need you to get dissatisfied with the income you currently have – but I want you to excited about the opportunity you have in the future for creating a fine financial future for your family.


So strike out you danger amount – it’s a number you need to be aware of – but you are no longer going to focus on.

Double you income – now if you are feeling brave, double it again and write that number at the top of your piece of paper. A fourfold increase in your income – how does that feel? Too scary, or are you getting curious and already thinking of how you are going to achieve and surpass that target?? That’s the number you need moving forward.


Now you may want to grab a calculator and follow me through doing some maths that’s gonna change the way you shape your life. (Memorygirl I need you to post you working out to this when you throw me up onto the Blog – and be 100% honest with yourself because this is important) I want you all to start considering another number in your life – your hourly rate.


Take a new sheet of paper and write your new amount at the very top.


These are the workings out from Memorygirl’s conversation with me this afternoon.

OK – so we assume that in your new life you are gonna want to take 8 weeks holiday in the summer (you got your boys to have adventure with) and 2 weeks over Christmas and maybe another 4 weeks as “short breaks” over the span of your year. So you will be working for yourself for 52 – 14 weeks or 38 weeks.


I want you to allocate one day a week for “working on your business” – so you are only going to be generating revenue for 4 days per week.


I only want you to be working 6 hours per day – you have young boys to consider and to be a success I need you to give your home life the same priority as you work life.


So I need you to work out what your minimum hourly rate will be for the six hours a day that you will be working.


So your total at the top


Divide the number by 38 weeks


Divide that number by 4 days


And divide that number by 6 hours


So you got your hourly rate worked out yet???


Over to you. Use the same assumptions as Memorygirl and work out what your hourly rate is. Is this more or less than you are making at your employment? I hope its more – because then we can have some fun moving you towards a bigger, brighter financial future.


Write this number up and post it up where you can see it– make a declaration that this is what you are worth per hour to the universe………… in reality you are worth so much more.


…………….. you do know that don’t you??


I will be back tomorrow


Mr Big

14 comments:

  1. OK - MY WORKINGS ARE:

    £18,236 + 10% = £20059 x2 x2 = £80238

    so £80238
    / 38 weeks = £2111
    / 4 days = £527.75
    / 6 hours = £87.95

    so my target hourly rate is £87.95, meaning that i now need to concentrate on things that will earn me that amount - and not concentrate on things that earn me less.

    does that mean no more housewrok for a while??

    mg

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - scary figures....

    But it's a challenge and a half....

    MG - no more housework - ever.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.....mine comes out at £156.65.......!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is £170.84 (but that is including both our incomes because we need them both) - think I should suggest a pay rise for me tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine came out at £126.48. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  6. this time next year rodney .................

    think i'll get my coat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I think I've calculated mine...(and I supposedly have a Maths degree) but think I missed the jump when it went from monthly income to yearly either that or I've gone very wrong but I think mine is £140

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is £70 per hour. Wow. And all that time off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breaking it down a tad more you're aiming for £1.50 a minute MG, thats the going rate for a premium rate adult phone line which far too many ordinary working people will gladly pay. Its not that great a leap to see that there are other things that people will value just as much. You simply have to figure out how to make your package accessible to all. Particularly if that thing is passive like the web programme. Once you've done it once it will keep on giving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine came out as £123.33 per hour. Scary. Working 44 weeks per year (instead of 48), 30 hours per week (instead of 54). Oh dear, let's hope it's achievable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine came out at £35.62, so I should be laughing compared to you lot! :)

    However, I've realised I've probably cheated, because I only work 14.8 hours a week :) So if I do it on my pro rata salary - eg what I would earn if I worked full time, and if I divide it by only working 4 days a week for 6 hours, it comes out at £109.70.

    So do I go with the first number or the second one?? The first one seems a little bit more realistic, if I earned the second one I'd only need to work 1.5 hours a week! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I have worked out how to post. Mine comes out at £157.89 so that should be easy peasy lol well at least I am trying now yesterday I just felt no way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mine only comes out at 39 pounds!!!!

    hmm. maths not my strong point!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, just catching up on this. Mine comes out at £173.68. Eek.

    "scuttles off to find premium phone line recruitment service"

    ReplyDelete