In September 2010 Memorygirl was challenged by a Mystery Mentor to become the trailblazer in an exciting new transatlantic experiment.

She was to be the first amongst her group of online friends to be mentored to create a Financially and Spiritually Abundant life from the ashes of her previous pre-credit crunch life.



For the full background, go to:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739&page=76 and search for post 1506.


Supported by her online cheerleaders, she accepted the challenge - and will do her best to fulfil and excel at the tasks set by her mysterious transatlantic mentor.


All her online friends are invited to play along - because if Memorygirl drops the baton for Britain, someone else will be selected to be mentored in her place.


Let this exciting adventure begin .....


Sunday 12 September 2010

THE “WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT” CHALLENGE

So you’ve completed your “Perfect Week” challenge – and I hope you are feeling totally inspired at the wonderfully abundant and adventurous life that could be waiting for you when you open your eyes tomorrow.


Now I need you to create three lists using the details contained in your “Perfect Week” exercise. These three lists are titled:


MUST HAVES:


WOULD LIKE TO HAVE:


WOULD BE OK BUT I COULD LIVE WITHOUT:






MUST HAVES: this is where you list the absolute deal breakers, he things that you must absolutely, no questions asked, have in your life.


I’m hoping your spouse, your kids and your pets are on this list – but if not, you may have your reasons and an even bigger reason to start making some plans.


Must you have – the house the office, the studio? What about transport? Great health? Fantastic Fitness?


Everything that you absolutely cannot do without in your perfect new life needs to find its way onto this list.






WOULD LIKE TO HAVE: the stuff on this list has less of an emotional draw than the first.

On this list you will find the woollier stuff – they “I’d like to lose a bit of weight” as opposed to the “I will lose 12lbs to fit into my wedding dress” stuff.


The bits that would be kind of neat to have – but if you had the “Must Haves” you would actually be ok not to have these for a while until they come along. These are the mid-goals that shouldn’t stop you getting the big fat juicy goals in your first list.






WOULD BE OK BUT I COULD LIVE WITHOUT: This is the – “yeah that would be kind of cool but I could live without” stuff.


This is where I have our home herb garden – its really not important to me, but incredibly important to my SAHA (Stay at home Angel) – so naturally we have one!


This is where she would list my ride-on mower, whereas it’s way top of my “Must have” list.


Compile your lists – then pull them into a pile in order and pin them up so that only the “Must Haves” are showing. From now on these are your desires for the universe to start working on – and that’s before we even get down and dirty with some serious goal setting.

Get those lists done – then grab yourself some couch time with someone you love.


I will be back soon

Mr Big

3 comments:

  1. Done!Expected an easy ride - I had reflected on this a lot. Problem is that I was trying to identify 'protected wants' - or the minimum I can't live in my present life. These were expended a bit. Interestingly, the hardest I found the bit that would be OK but I can live without. Have I forgotten how to dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did a rough draft of this last night, and I enjoyed the process. I also had problems in the "ok but could do without" area. I am going to revisit them tonight I think. They are not as fulsome as I think they should be. Oh, and I fell asleep last night "ordering" our perfect house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finding this so hard - all of it. I don't know if I'm just very content or am unambitious.
    But there's so much I want to do & learn,however my mind just goes blank when the pen is near the paper.
    I can see me having to make lots of little notes before I can coherently pull my thoughts together.
    Just out of interest Mr Big, is this normal or is it normally easy?

    ReplyDelete