In September 2010 Memorygirl was challenged by a Mystery Mentor to become the trailblazer in an exciting new transatlantic experiment.

She was to be the first amongst her group of online friends to be mentored to create a Financially and Spiritually Abundant life from the ashes of her previous pre-credit crunch life.



For the full background, go to:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739&page=76 and search for post 1506.


Supported by her online cheerleaders, she accepted the challenge - and will do her best to fulfil and excel at the tasks set by her mysterious transatlantic mentor.


All her online friends are invited to play along - because if Memorygirl drops the baton for Britain, someone else will be selected to be mentored in her place.


Let this exciting adventure begin .....


Tuesday 7 September 2010

Know Your Numbers: your PSB

Good Morning my Transatlantic Pen pals


Well done Memorygirl on all your “cleaning house” – and yes I am sure we will all want to see the pictures of you shiny new home – ready for building shiny new life.


Here’s a piece of homework for you all as you get ready for take-off on Thursday, a question to ponder if you will as you clean and create space in your lives for the wonderful possibilities to come.


Not everyone needs or wants to be rich; not that there is anything wrong with being rich, but for my money – being affluent is where its at. But you “gotta know your numbers” – so the question you all need to answer is


“What is your PSB (Personal Survival Budget)?


This is the very minimum amount of money that you would need to make every month to pay your dues, keep your family afloat and pay down your debts. Now knowing which site I found you guys on I am guessing that most of you will know this number pretty well.


Go work out your number and write it down and post it up where you can see it every day – we will come back to this in a few days.


Contented cleaning – go make some space for the magic to come.

Mr Big

7 comments:

  1. Eeekkk!!!! worked this out and found that my "minimum" is about 2k a year above what I've got coming in. Which may explain those "robbing Peter to pay Paul moments - lol"

    How is everyones cleaning coming on?? Have you all found a place to work yet - I'm sitting at my bureau, and so far so good. ds2 keeps checking where I am, but has left me alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Office decluttered and ready for action. House cleaned and sparkling. Number crunching next on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cherisong - you are a miracle worker. ds's are messing up as quick as i am tidying. its like painting the forth road bridge.

    photos to follow though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! I am off to the gym now but should be free around 9pm if you want to give me a call.

    I worked out my PSB a while ago - and it allowed me to take my current role helping people within an organisation get redeployed..... (It was a third less money than I was used to)! I hope long term to add an independent coaching business to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, I've calculated my monthly PSB and it's scary, and I've probably been very tight on the figures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done the numbers and not surprised at all. Our monthly PSB is somewhat lower than what we bring in every month - a result of six months of achieving mastery in the MSE ways or 4,416 hours. If the 10,000 hour rule works in controlling expenditure I would have achieved full and complete mastery sometime around mid-January 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - have done this & am now working out how much to sell the dogs for to make up the shortfall!!!

    ReplyDelete